1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Primoelonce

Primoelonce Oakley Beginner

Hey everyone new to the forums. I just purchased some Polarized radarlock XL's today. I'm really liking them so far. I just wish Oakley would release the ice blue or positive red color lenses for the XL's.

Anyway any tips or suggestions for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

3. Primoelonce

Yeah I probably should have mentioned I got the straight stems and they came with the OO +Red Iridium Polarized. I personally just think the positive red look better for some reason.

Last edited: 3/18/14
  4. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

They had them in the regular Radar XL, why they decided to use the OO only is beyond me.

5. Primoelonce

Yeah I was confused by this too. Apparently they used them in the tour de France radarlock xl. So maybe I can find someone who is just selling the lens to those.

Last edited: 3/18/14
  6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

Primoelonce likes this.
  7. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

Looks like he split his pairs for frame and lens separate auctions.

New Oakley Tour de France Radarlock XL Positive Red Iridium Vented Lens RARE | eBay

That or see if they move last years TDF pairs to the vault at a good price when this years version hits stores next month.

8. Primoelonce

Haha thanks for all the help and responses guys. I was just browsing eBay and came across those. I jumped on them and I can't wait to pop them in my new XL's.

Patient_Cero likes this.
  9. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Coincidentally I run Ice and +Red in my non-XL Radarlock Paths. Ever since my switch to Oakley I've favored more neutral tints, since there was perceivable clarity over previous brands I just didn't see the need for a contrast lens to make things bolder.

Good pick up on the TDF pair. +Red has a bit more of a blue tint but you hardly notice the difference from Ice. Pretty much interchangeable imo.

Primoelonce likes this.