• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock

Great news! Time to source for them in ebay.
My guess is that the radar ev and jawbreaker have extended lenses upwards (from the radarlocks) for cycling specific use which is not necessary for other sports like athletics running etc therefore the radarlocks are a better option

My guess is that the radar ev and jawbreaker have extended lenses upwards (from the radarlocks) for cycling specific use which is not necessary for other sports like athletics running etc therefore the radarlocks are a better option

I'm waiting for my 1st EV to arrive and then do a comparison test. I agree with you on the new JB and EV design for cycling as compared to RL. RLs are great for other sports too.

So just because the Radarlock lacks a feature that has virtually no downsides, it's a better option? Does someone literally suffer from some extra millimeters added?

I was guessing that is how oakley market it not giving my opinion on which is better or worse. Sorry if my message didn't explain what I meant very well.
So just because the Radarlock lacks a feature that has virtually no downsides, it's a better option? Does someone literally suffer from some extra millimeters added?

I use Radar EVs for triathlons-the running part included as well. I actually find them more conventional for running-the stems on the Radar EVs are more suited to it. The extended height and swept edges is an advantage as it allows a lot less sunlight in and in Australia, where the summers are extremely hot and sunny, this is a definite advantage. I guess it really is up to you to make that call- A lot of athletes that I know sold their radarlocks in favour of the EV and jawbreaker once it was released.
I use standard Radars and occasionally the SI M frames for my field of work and they are excellent.
Just because Oakley directs it at Cyclists does not mean it cannot be used for other sports-apart from the jawbreaker and the racing jackets

I use Radar EVs for triathlons-the running part included as well. I actually find them more conventional for running-the stems on the Radar EVs are more suited to it. The extended height and swept edges is an advantage as it allows a lot less sunlight in and in Australia, where the summers are extremely hot and sunny, this is a definite advantage. I guess it really is up to you to make that call- A lot of athletes that I know sold their radarlocks in favour of the EV and jawbreaker once it was released.
I use standard Radars and occasionally the SI M frames for my field of work and they are excellent.
Just because Oakley directs it at Cyclists does not mean it cannot be used for other sports-apart from the jawbreaker and the racing jackets
I realize that, i was only guessing how oakley market them not stating any facts. I have radarlocks, radar ev and jawbreakers. They are brilliant

I have a pair of sagan edition jawbreakers (all white frame with sapphire iridium lens), I have noticed that now jawbreakers are customizable on the oakley website, it's a pity they don't come with 2 lenses considering the ease of changing lenses is one of key features Oakley promote.

Completely agree-just a little overpriced on the jawbreaker
My Sagan Edition Jawbreakers

2015-11-17 01.09.35.jpg

Back