• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlocks Creaking Normal?

steveocubed

Oakley Expert
Hey guys,

I just got a new pair of Radarlocks and I noticed they creak every time I put them on. Is that normal? Will it stop creaking over time? Or does it depend on the pair? The frame does have to flex a bit to fit my head initially when I first put them on at the narrow part but then it fits fine, not too tight or anything.

Are they a matte finish? If they are, thats your answer. If not, i still wouldnt worry. The radarlock has more moving parts than most shades.

Are they a matte finish? If they are, thats your answer. If not, i still wouldnt worry. The radarlock has more moving parts than most shades.

From my own experience, this. My Matte Heather Grey pair creaks if you just flex/play with it, but when it's on your head it's silent because it's in a single position. My silver one (well, it won't be silver anymore :D) never creaked period.

I believe it is the finish indeed. iirc the Radarlock has looser tolerances to limit lens deformities on larger heads. The lens edges rubbing on the frame cause the creaking noises, not because there's something wrong with the integrity of the frame.

My polished white ones are the worst about creaking. Still love them though, and when they are on my head, it doesn't matter.

I think my radars creaked when I put them on, but it never bothered me because once they were on they were silent. It was only when they stretched to get on my face but it was never a big concern to me.

Mine also creak when I put them on by bending the frame. No worries there.

Back