• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radical Xmetal Custom Mod Found

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
Around the end of May, while doing my evening Ebay hunt for more stuff, I came across a radical Xmetal conversion that was for sale. The seller Ebay Id "hana119" from Canada provided a youtube video link of a modded X squared frame. It had a tio2 set up with xmetal nose bridge and temple arms and plasma orbitals. (Which can be custom ordered from Oakley). The bottom half of the orbital was cut away just below the nose bomb and discarded. The other side where the orbital T6 screw goes into was also cut away. Then he used emerald half jacket lenses and popped them into the frame. The video cleary showed this being done and you could hear the lenses pop in. The video clip was about 30 seconds long.

I would never mod a frame to this extreme without having some plans on what needs to be done especialy due to its cost. Has anyone seen this or know of this seller and if they would share how it was accomplished. I have modded lenses to fit some of my xmetals but this was one wild mod that left me wanting to see more.

I messaged the seller giving him props on the mod and he never responded. The video looked authentic, and didn't give me the feel he was trying to pull a fast one especially with his feedback stats and amount he has bought and sold....

Anyone seen this or if they can provide info that would be great....

you could make your own TiO2 X-Squared, all you need is a small enough allen wrench to fit those little bolts in your noise bridge.

those sound pretty cool but like you said i would have a hard time hacking up a frame for that

Back