• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rampant Post Whoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see this forum not turn into an over moderated subaru forum.
Even the **** **** ass **** swear filter makes me grumble.
Personally, Id let the site be a bit less refined and develop itself. Members who do dumb ****, and start trouble find their own way out the door.

So you're a member over at nasty socks too, huh?

And while am as annoyed as anyone else by the swear filter, I appreciate it. If we had swear words, the Barricuda web filter at work would blacklist the site and I wouldn't be able to access it from work. I think the swear filter is a necessary evil.

There are so many words more powerful than swear words. More often than not, if you use the word in the right context, you will have cut your opponent down to nothing and they won't even know you did it.

501st post. Every single Goddamned one is relevant, poignant, and memorable.

And while am as annoyed as anyone else by the swear filter, I appreciate it. If we had swear words, the Barricuda web filter at work would blacklist the site and I wouldn't be able to access it from work. I think the swear filter is a necessary evil.

you should be using a proxy, like everyone else at work.

I think the biggest "hidden" posting bordello is the Intro forum. It's pretty easy to lurk in there and gain 3-5 posts per thread...not naming names of course.

I think at the end of the day, if some members are that concerned with their post count, then let them be. Its only a number. There is no real way to enforce whats a "Good post" vs a "bad post", and once you start down that road it is a very slipperly slope. There is nothing wrong with posting in the intro forum. If you want to say hello, to every member who joins, and rack up 1,000 posts, thats fine. We'll name that member the official greeter :). Intro forums let members get their feet wet, say hello to the community and by responding they see how friendly everyone is.

If you want to post "GLWS" or "LOL" thats fine. As I said earlier, their is also a "Like" button which can be used in some cases, instead of posting "+1", but no one is going around and policing every post to determine what is good and bad.

I love seeing this issue discussed, and feel free to continue discussing it. I just wanted to step in and calm any fears.

I think at the end of the day, if some members are that concerned with their post count, then let them be. Its only a number. There is no real way to enforce whats a "Good post" vs a "bad post", and once you start down that road it is a very slipperly slope. There is nothing wrong with posting in the intro forum. If you want to say hello, to every member who joins, and rack up 1,000 posts, thats fine. We'll name that member the official greeter :). Intro forums let members get their feet wet, say hello to the community and by responding they see how friendly everyone is.

If you want to post "GLWS" or "LOL" thats fine. As I said earlier, their is also a "Like" button which can be used in some cases, instead of posting "+1", but no one is going around and policing every post to determine what is good and bad.

I love seeing this issue discussed, and feel free to continue discussing it. I just wanted to step in and calm any fears.
+1!!:lolsign:

There is one member who has been here less than 28 days, and has over 500 posts. Obviously you name the thread, they have replied, that is what we are all talking about. One is fine, people figure that out, but it sets a bad precedence for new guys who see it.

There are a ton of new members that have joined within the past month. That is really great, and alot of them are here to learn about Oakelys in general. We need posts to have at least some substance. I have also noticed , and I think it is normal, for newbies to revive threads, and just creating many new threads covering the same topics that have been in other lengthy threads. I think some of this is all just part of the frustration that people are seeing lately.

I guess, this is a meaningless post in and of itself. Not really any substance. I am bitchin about myself at this point. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back