• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rare Oakley Tower?

mvangulik

Oakley Beginner
Netherlands
Hello,

1st I will introduce myself as I am new over here.

I'm Marc 28 years old from the Netherlands and I'm a big fan and I have a small collection of Oakley sunglasses.

But cause you are the real experts I have a question about my Oakley Cabinet/Tower I have since a couple of days.
I bought this tower from a friend of mine who also was e big fan of Oakley.
Because he works in a sunglass shop for a long time he did managed to get this tower from a former Oakley store in Amsterdam years ago.
He was told before he got this tower that the tower was imported from the US.
Now I was searching on the internet for this type of tower but all I can find is the standard metal tower with the drawers and the logo with the letters "oakley" below it.
Mine doesn't have the drawers or the letters below it.
I also found an nice metal logo on the bottom of my tower (see picture).

I'm sending a couple of pictures so you can see what I mean.

I really hope some of you can help me out.

Greetings,

Marc

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77442012@N04/6793183570/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77442012@N04/6939297047/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77442012@N04/6793184200/

ps. Sorry try to figure out how I can post the pictures directly.

Humm... certain things about this tower look correct, like the rivets and the hinges.....
I agree, some things look correct, other, like you pointed out, I've never seen on a display case before. That doesn't mean they never did them like that, I've just never seen one.

I hesitate to say there are not fake display cases out there but this in fact is NOT one!! Ive seen them mainly used in optometry shops..i think, don't quote me, that they don't need shelving on the bottom like a retail store would selling sunglasses. Just my opinion as to why Oakley would design it like that but it is in fact legit and possibly rare. Ive seen it a few times before in california and nevada.

This is real. I have one also. I think they were in optometry shops. They guy I got it from his buddy closed his shop. The one thing is the "O" on the bottom shelf was added. They are not on there.
Looks good on there. These are great cause they are not as deep and not as heavy. Mine even has the light kit on it.

First off all thank you for all your reactions.

Could it be this one was one of the 1st display towers Oakley made?
Mine also has the light option with a plexglass window on top and a lamp I can lay on top of it.

@Brettc10: do you maybe have a picture of your tower so I can compare it?

welcome to the board and congrats to that sweet display!
it's real and "rare" too . . .

welcome to the board and congrats to that sweet display!
it's real and "rare" too . . .

Thank you!
I'm very happy I finally found an forum were people know what there are talking about :)
If you all need some feedback from oakley stuff out of the Netherlands / Europe I hope I can help.

Back