• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rare Radars

tmart1616

Oakley Beginner
Does anyone know the rarest pairs of radar sunglasses? I know the ichiro pairs are rare but didn't know any others. Thanks to anyone who can help

O my I can't believe I drew a blank when thinking of the radars because I search online for a pair of antifreezes everyday hahaha. Thanks for your help

Well they were custom for the various riders on the tour, not sold to the public etc, but still churned out by HQ. so yeah, depends on what the OP's criteria is I guess.

The rarest official Radar releases are the following, NOTHING else comes even remotely close:

Pearl White - Slate (Path) 24-160 SEUNG YEOP LEE (Korean exclusive)
Team Blue - G30 (Path Vented) 24-161 EUN HEE JI (Korean exclusive)

Others that could be included among the rarities would be:

Metallic Red - +Red (Path) 09-672, and Metallic Red - +Red (Range) 09-666, both withdrawn upon release
Polished White - G30 (Path) 12-799 THOMAS FRISCHKNECHT
Jet Black - Black (Path) 12-770 CSC (European exclusive)
24-098 Italy, and 24-135 - 24-140 (France/Norway/Germany/Spain/Holland/Sweden) European country Radars
Blue - Black (Path) 24-327 YUVRAJ SINGH (European exclusive)

Additionally, you could consider the following that was sold via the Livestock website in a quantity of 8 pairs additional to the few some cyclists were given, it did not have a sku, but the handful of pairs were available to the public.

Polished Black - Fire (Pitch) LIVESTOCK

There will be an unknown number of pairs manufactured in very low quantity that were never sold to the public, many of which would have been given to sports personnel.

Back