• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ray Bans

oakleygolfer

Oakley Beginner
Chicago
I've been looking at Ray Bans recently (sorry), a little more than usual. I've started to like the Clubmasters, while I still love the aviators. I have always been an "Only Oakley" guy but i'm thinking about getting Ray Ban's. Could I get some feedback?

I bought a pair of Ray Bans before I started Oakley. As nice as they were, they didn't fit my style. If you want a pair of aviators try Randolph Engineering. USA made and US standard issue. They cost more than American Optical but have a lifetime warranty on frame construction and you can get some custom lens. The grey lens isn't as dark as Oakley and I find myself just going back to Oakley.

I bought a pair of Ray Bans before I started Oakley. As nice as they were, they didn't fit my style. If you want a pair of aviators try Randolph Engineering. USA made and US standard issue. They cost more than American Optical but have a lifetime warranty on frame construction and you can get some custom lens. The grey lens isn't as dark as Oakley and I find myself just going back to Oakley.

If I was to get Aviators, I would definitely get Ray-Bans.

Ray-bans are cool, I just prefer Oakley because they do a modern take on a lot of classic styles. Although, the clubmasters are looking very very good. I dig the gold accents they have on the pair they have out now

Although I love Oakley specs for their aesthetics and functionality for sports I do own two pairs of Ray Ban Aviators and they are fantastic glasses. The lenses are extremely durable, extremely hard to scratch IME. However the metal frames are very easily bent so you must be extremely careful with them. If you are thinking of buying make sure you buy from an authorized dealer so you can take advantage of any warranty issues you may have.

After a lot of looking into Ray-Bans, I would only buy Aviators. The other shades i'm not a big fan of anymore. I like Oakley's designs more.

Back