1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Any of you own a pair of the RAZRWire's with or without the BT module?

I have a fairly large sized head and was wondering if I could wear them. There's a guy who's selling a pair locally for $75 including the BT module and says they're new.

For those that have a pair, how do they compare to say, a Half Jacket/Flak Jacket/Square Whisker/C-Wire/Splinter/Juliet in width?

Preemptive thanks for any help!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

If you live near an Oakley Vault, Check them out first..... I have seen them in the vault stores for $49.00

3. Razerwire

Really? I'll have to call my local Vault store tomorrow!

4. xmetalmaniac

I use to have a pair of mercury with light gray, they were ok. The concept was a good idea with the bluetooth module except at night, if you were driving and the sun went down forget about wearing the glasses, and so much for the bluetooth. I sold the glasses awhile ago and I use the bluetooth module on a pair of whiskers with transition lenses. You have to add a very small piece of rubber to the inside of the clip mechanism the snaps around the temple arm. This allows a beeter grip on the temple and it won't slide. Works perfect.

5. Razerwire

Are the sunglasses geared toward narrower faces? I have a fairly large head and would probably pass on buying them if I'm stretching out the spring hinges. I have a pair of Splinters that I'm already flexing the spring hinges with. I also tried on the Half Wires which were too small for me.

6. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

U can pop the Bluetooth off and it will fit most xmetals and square wire

7. xmetalmaniac

IMO....If you passed on half wires then you should pass on razr wires

8. Razerwire

Good to know! I tried on the new Half Wires and they were too narrow for me. Dunno about the first gen Half Wires but they should be pretty similar to the latest gen of Half Wires right?

9. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I have a medium to large head and the Half and Flak jackets fit me fine. Square Whiskers are my Rx frames and they're ok. Can't comment on the Splinter or C-wire as i've never owned a pair. Juliets are snug on my face.

I've tried on the Razrwire at a vault and they don't fit. You WILL be stretching the spring hinges as i did when i tried them on. That's why i passed on them, even at $50 at the vault.

10. Razerwire

I may be able to pick up a pair for $20 so I figure if they don't fit, it's only $20. Plus with my handle, it'd be kinda ironic that I don't own a pair of them. LOL