• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reading This Ebay Listing Made Me Cringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are freaks. The $1000 wasn't serious, it was just to put them on eBay to see if someone might be interested. Yes, that's a true story about the cop and the blood. They were in really bad shape when I received them. They aren't stolen property; they were left by the side of the road, so don't pride yourself by going off on some outdated anarcho-communist "active duty" rant. I figured I would fix them up rather than let them go to waste. No. I'm not a vulture. Enjoy your sunglasses and online anonymity. I can't imagine why more people don't come out of the woodwork and start posting here?

One can rationalize anything. That doesn't make it right.

You guys are freaks. The $1000 wasn't serious, it was just to put them on eBay to see if someone might be interested. Yes, that's a true story about the cop and the blood. They were in really bad shape when I received them. They aren't stolen property; they were left by the side of the road, so don't pride yourself by going off on some outdated anarcho-communist "active duty" rant. I figured I would fix them up rather than let them go to waste. No. I'm not a vulture. Enjoy your sunglasses and online anonymity. I can't imagine why more people don't come out of the woodwork and start posting here?

Online Anonymity, pm me, I'll give you all the info you want. You're a vulture, and your work is garbage. Simple facts. Anarcho-communist rant.. your ebay picture really does fit. You're the one who stated you got these from a cop at a crime scene and then you were proud of the fact that you polished blood off them.

I forgot to mention all the blood that the seller polished off. That guy is a real man! :showingbiceps:

^ This, in case you forgot you posted it. You could have put it out there that it was scummy of people to knock your work. Hell, had you been like, 'Come on guys, I was just putting the stuff out there, and I don't have all the professional tools to anodize". I probably woulda joined right there with you.

True. Like buying $600, forged in hell, toxic-sludge-by-producing titanium sunglasses when a $10 plastic pair would work just as well and leave a lot more money for your family. As you say, one can justify anything. Doesn't make it right.

LOL - "when a $10 plastic pair would work just as well"... ROFL...

And my family does quite fine, thank you for asking. The more income you make, the less significant a $600 spend is (though you won't find Juliets properly valued at $600 unless they're NIB limited edition...)

True. Like buying $600, forged in hell, toxic-sludge-by-producing titanium sunglasses when a $10 plastic pair would work just as well and leave a lot more money for your family. As you say, one can justify anything. Doesn't make it right.

I don't know, you made your way to this forum, a very specific forum, and I promise you it's not because you rummage road kill sales. You knew this forum was here, you knew who X-Man was. You've spent 600 on "forged in hell, toxic-sludge-by-producing titanium sunglasses"

^ This, in case you forgot you posted it. You could have put it out there that it was scummy of people to knock your work. Hell, had you been like, 'Come on guys, I was just putting the stuff out there, and I don't have all the professional tools to anodize". I probably woulda joined right there with you.

Yep - in my original post here, I mentioned that had you joined earlier and participated in the community instead of just lurking, we would be supporting you instead. You sleep in the bed of your own making...

I've had more than enough conflict this week already and this is getting pointless. @mods, could you please leave this thread intact, for lessons learned if nothing else, but for "nobody", please consider :ban:, maybe? He obviously isn't one of us. And even if he could be, I think that bridge has been burned...

It's the same kind of stuff that happens when work moves from union, mafia-controlled machine shops to places where there aren't unions. The high wage tough guys suddenly get all bent out of shape and want a do over because there are people that can do exactly what they can for an eighth the price. Sorry guys, this argument is over a pair of used sunglasses. No, you don't need professional tools to anodize titanium. It wasn't done with 9v batteries, but rather a simple voltage source that can be varied to produce the different color oxides. It actually looks quiet good in real life, and I could give a flying rats ass what a bunch of middle school boys on the web think about my polishing skills. Just because you've worked in a union machine shop with a pension for 20 years doesn't mean you're any more qualified to grind metal. I suspect, that if you look deep within yourselves, you'd see that the reason Oakley stopped producing these glasses in the first place was that there became too many regulations and restrictions placed on their factory in a high wage, low-productivity environment like Nevada. The reality is, we all like to think of ourselves as Johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to things with which we associate our manhood, like our metal handiwork and sexual prowess, ability to tame wild horses and contribute to some sort of "active duty" military establishment. The reality is, there are about 3.5 billion people just exactly like you in this world. You can't uninvent the bomb, and they all can run a bench grinder! Good night boys!

I would hope that if you worked in a machine shop for 20 years... you were a bit more qualified to grind metal than someone who didn't work in a machine shop for 20 years. Frankly, like I said before.. had you come into this thread and said, "Hey guys, that's my work.. I don't appreciate the comments, I only put it out there to see if anybody would bite"... most everybody probably would have retracted their statements, felt bad for dogging you, and maybe even helped you get absolutely everything you needed to complete your project pair. Instead, you came in here, pride hurt, just as you described your defined manhood was called into question, and you insulted everybody with what I assume was supposed to rhyme with buckers. You have since insulted several other people. My issue was your pride in how you cleaned blood off of them. Did I overreact, yes, I absolutely did. Do you have any ground to stand on after a showing like your initial posts, or your attempts to belittle people with your "hippy" lingo? Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back