• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real FERRARI Carbon Blades?

I ordered these back in September as well and this is the most recent email I received:

Dear *****

I am contacting you in regards to the Oakley - CARBON BLADE OO 9174 SCUDERIA FERRARI - (9174/06) POLISHED CARBON/RUBY IRIDIUM POLARIZED - (66/10/121) you ordered and wanted to put some light on the whole case.

Being an official, authorised Oakley distributor we were asked by Oakley to apply a specific price-list (this in order to go against unauthorized sellers) as issued by them and Luxottica. And this is what we have been doing ever since. But in September we received a wrong price-list and therefore the price of this specific model, the one that you ordered from us, was absolutely lower than what Oakley asks.

Of course the blame is to be put on a wrong price-list and of course what you paid cannot and will not be changed. We sold the glasses at $ 140 and this is what you will pay for them after all. Of course we apologize on behalf of each single party here. As you might have noticed, this model’s correct price is $ 440 and not $140. We have notified Luxottica and Oakley about this but still wanted to let you know what happened.

Now there are two options we can follow: Due to the delay we can refund you the payment and once the glasses are back let you know so that you can do the payment again (the one you initially authorised to us) or keep the order as it is. Of course you will not loose priority in any of the two cases.

Please think about it and let me know. If you prefer I can also call you and explain this whole situation

Best regards,
Cristina
Otticanet.com

Yep....spoke to the owner. She asked what she could do to avoid me from tarnishing her businesse's reputation. I told her I know many people with outstanding orders and that she should contact each one and make good on your price of 140. She agreed even though she blames Oakley for giving her a wrong price. So she is going to refund all orders....and when the glasses are back in stock, she will let us know. I was shocked to get a call to be honest. She was very polite and she had literally begged that I don't go off on her business on any forums or social media. I told her that her reps lied to us several times as well. However, she said she is willing to make good on the 140 price.....but is going to refund the orders right now. She will also add another 5% discount to it. Her price from Luxottica for these are $250 and is willing to take the $110 hit on each pair when they come in. I more or less told her that if she did not do this, that I would share this experience with everyone. I told her that sunglass distributors come and go every week. They are authorized distributors, however. Now.....if you want to go loud and rip them apart on the WWW...its your right to do so. However, since she did contact me and ask what she could do to prevent that and is now doing so.....I say we hold off a bit. I asked that she do 2 things. Apologize for the mess and make good on the outstanding orders. She agreed and said she would contact and email everyone.

I tried my best.....not sure what more I can do. They could of told me tough luck and to "F" off.....but they did not. She was honestly worried and concerned about her business and wants to make things right with us.

I told her I can't stop those who are angry from voicing opinions, but I told her I would personally refrain from doing so if in fact I see that she is trying to make good on her word. She called me at 9am from Italy and we spoke for over 30 mins....up to you guys.

Harry

Just a short note to let you know that the Oakley - CARBON BLADE OO 9174 SCUDERIA FERRARI - (9174/06) POLISHED CARBON/RUBY IRIDIUM POLARIZED - (66/10/121) should almost be ready. The truth is that we have been told that it is a discontinued model (this is why you will not find it on our website anymore) but luxottica will do anything to reserve the last pieces for all of you who chose our website. I promise to be back the soonest! Once again thank you for your patience and cooperation Yours Cristina Otticanet.com

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I got this today as well not discontinued on uk site but does mention low stock

Hard to believe them after all the BS.

In this day and age if they wanted to round up some pairs it should not take more than a couple of days. I would be surprised if this gets resolved this year.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk