1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Grateful

Grateful Oakley Enthusiast

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

Looks legit even though the pictures are garbage! Price isn't bad if it stays at that price which I doubt. I would ask if the rubbers, and lenses are OEM or not. Condition of said items will dictate price as well.

cyclerdoug likes this.
  3. Grateful

It's a buy it now situation. I know nothing about xmetals, really. This would be my first. He thinks the lenses are oem. Would the frames alone be worth 200$ if lenses and rubbers aren't original?

4. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

Average frames in so so condition are averaging between $176-200. There is a laundry list of variables that go into pricing. At the end of the day your the one buying them and wearing them.

As a good friend once told me-Never rush into a purchase, I've made a lot of bad calls when it came to eBay. Do your homework, make sure you know what you want and what to look for. If you think this is the last Juliet pair at this price... your wrong. Deals come up all the time on this forum and even cheaper than eBay.

VolcanOG likes this.
  5. Grateful

Good advice. I've jumped at eBay deals before thinking that exactly. Never regreted not winning those auctions. I wasn't even looking for these. I'm not a big xmetals fan, as I haven't owned any. These came up during my usual Oakley search. Thanks for the the help, jmgarcia!

cyclerdoug and Jmgarcia like this.
  6. Jimbabwe

Jimbabwe Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

So true, I've thought I've had deals and finally learned to hold off and I've had times were a 20% off deal turns into over 75% later down the line. Patience

Jmgarcia likes this.
  7. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Looks legit, but honestly you could be worry free and just pick some up from the exchange here. If you still plan on going the ebay route then you may want to read up here.

Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist

Grateful likes this.
  8. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

You get your first pair of Juliets and you will be a big XMetal fan, my friend!

Patience...easy to preach but hard to use, I know, but @supersharp said it best...you're absolutely safe in here. ;)

Grateful and supersharp like this.
  9. Grateful

Good advice, thank you guys. I appreciate the input.
    I chatted with the seller quite a bit. Seems honest. I ended up passing on them though. I am not quite ready to go down the Xmetal rabbit hole yet. I remember when I first got into Oakleys casually, next thing I know I'm at 7 pairs of sunnies and looking forward to the newest releases! I also am not sure if they really suit me. The Xsquared were the ones that tickled my pickle the most, as it were. I'll have to wait for the end of season bonus before I decide on a pair.

10. Grateful

Thank you for the link btw, Supersharp.

supersharp likes this.