• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real Or Fake Display Bobs And Grenades- Does It Matter?

Curious what the sentiment is with respect to some items. There are recast Bob heads, Shadow Bobs and have seen other threads discussing fake sales award/ grenade bombs.

I see the interest in the grenade as a display piece but in reality its a sales award that someone else earned and you can't use it to display glasses. So I wouldn't care if I had one that was a recast if it was done right. There is no way that I would pay thousands of dollars for one. But $150 -ish for a repop one? Maybe. Would you care if your sales award was a fake one or would you just appreciate the piece for what it is?

More to the point, for a Shadow Bob or Bob, to me it's more of a merchandising piece for glasses like a stand. As long as the quality was there- nice finish and nice detail- I wouldn't care if I had a copy. It's a stand that I display eyewear on. I think a reasonable price for replica Bobs of about $150-ish would be acceptable.

I'm not going into manufacturing or anything!!!

I'm pretty sure that my Bob is a replica and I'm OK with that. I'm curious though how others feel? If a recast merchandising piece were priced reasonably and represented as a replica would you care? If you didn't have a Shadow Bob, Bob or Grenade award and you could purchase one for $150-ish would you?
Real or fake Oakley sunglasses and x-metals? Does that matter?

I have a bob head and was told by seller it was a replica. I paid a decent price for it and I like it better than an original. It was also about half the price of a real one. It is a very cool piece and I have no regrets. I have my newly aquired Xmetal MJ Mars on him.

I think any one would buy anything at a reasonable price. A lot of oakley's products are priced really high but even then people buy them for the name and quality. If you were only displaying something for your personal satisfaction then I don't think it would matter if you got a replica for a decent price. The chance that you can get an original is pretty slim so a replica would do well for me.

Latest Posts

Back