1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Hans2

Hans2 Oakley Beginner

Hey,

I purchased that pair last week via a craigslist type of offering. I didn't really know that fake Oakleys were that big of deal and the seller seemed honest enough. I only got a pouch and no other accessories or guarantee but generally everything seemed fine so I just paid and left.

Later I read up on the matter, compared them to other pictures I found on the internet and wondered a bit. On all other pictures I found of similar glasses the serial code start with "OO" and not "00" and is placed a bit differently. Most other pouches I have seen have some kind of lash with the Oakley O or saying "HDO".

The other lash says "R1".

The glasses still feel quite good and are well manufactured but since I bought them for my vacation in Egypt and fake sunglasses are really bad for your eyes I would be grateful for any input.

Here is a picture of a similar made in usa model:
    http://yfsunglasses.com.au/media/ca...f00ea7e30/o/o/oo-9165-crankcase-9165-07-3.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance!

Real or Fake? Oakley Crankcase - P8070001.JPG

Real or Fake? Oakley Crankcase - P8070006.JPG

Real or Fake? Oakley Crankcase - P8070008.JPG

Real or Fake? Oakley Crankcase - P8070012.JPG

Real or Fake? Oakley Crankcase - P8070006.JPG

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. G-901

G-901 Oakley Expert

You're good