1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. CDougherty09

CDougherty09 Oakley Beginner

I just joined the forum last week, but have been a big Oakley fan for years. I have 29 pair, some bought from Oakley and some on eBay. So far I've never been concerned about authenticity until this pair of Tincans.

On the left ear stem, next to the serial # 0040802-08 (which is correct) is the word "sample", then "China131" and then CE. I know Oakleys no longer say "made in USA" and I have many pairs that have CE. Never seen "China" on a real Oakley. Then on the inside of the nose bridge it has "58" and Oakley O symbol and then "15". Never seen anything on the nose bridge of a wire framed Oakley. Came in a genuine Oakley box, etc.

I paid $148.99... Oakley Vault has the same glasses for $174.99.

So are they real or a well-made fake? Should I return to the seller and buy from Oakley Vault for $26 more? I've emailed the seller with my concerns already and awaiting a response. Appreciate some input from the "experts".

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Real, but would need pics to be certain.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

For the $26 more peace of mind is a good thing but like @OakleyGuru379 said....pics will help determine.

4. CDougherty09

here are pics of what is on them. I really appreciate your advice. Real or fake? Oakley Tincan - Pic1.JPG Real or fake? Oakley Tincan - Pic2.JPG

5. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Look pretty real to me.

6. CDougherty09

The biggest concern I had was "China"... As I said, they definitely look and feel like real Oakleys... and getting them for under $150 is a great deal.

7. G-901

G-901 Oakley Expert

They're really and new models do have CHINA on them

8. CDougherty09

Awesome... Thanks for your help.

9. caloy

caloy Oakley Beginner

hi im caloy from singapore.
    i am also concern with the pair of tincan that i just bought. mine doesn't have china label as yours. it feels legit to me but still I'm having second thoughts

10. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Photos will help determine sir.

And welcome to the forum.