• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real or fake? Oakley Tincan

CDougherty09

Oakley Beginner
I just joined the forum last week, but have been a big Oakley fan for years. I have 29 pair, some bought from Oakley and some on eBay. So far I've never been concerned about authenticity until this pair of Tincans.

On the left ear stem, next to the serial # 0040802-08 (which is correct) is the word "sample", then "China131" and then CE. I know Oakleys no longer say "made in USA" and I have many pairs that have CE. Never seen "China" on a real Oakley. Then on the inside of the nose bridge it has "58" and Oakley O symbol and then "15". Never seen anything on the nose bridge of a wire framed Oakley. Came in a genuine Oakley box, etc.

I paid $148.99... Oakley Vault has the same glasses for $174.99.

So are they real or a well-made fake? Should I return to the seller and buy from Oakley Vault for $26 more? I've emailed the seller with my concerns already and awaiting a response. Appreciate some input from the "experts".

here are pics of what is on them. I really appreciate your advice.
Pic1.JPG
Pic2.JPG

The biggest concern I had was "China"... As I said, they definitely look and feel like real Oakleys... and getting them for under $150 is a great deal.

hi im caloy from singapore.
i am also concern with the pair of tincan that i just bought. mine doesn't have china label as yours. it feels legit to me but still I'm having second thoughts

hi im caloy from singapore.
i am also concern with the pair of tincan that i just bought. mine doesn't have china label as yours. it feels legit to me but still I'm having second thoughts
Photos will help determine sir.

And welcome to the forum.

Back