• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real or Faux-kleys

CDougherty09

Oakley Beginner
I got these on eBay and they arrived today. Thought they were eye jackets(?). The listing said "new without tags" and the pictures looked really good. Also listed as polarized. When they arrived, first of all definitely not polarized. Also several areas on the frame have paint flaked off, including the "O" icon on the left ear stem. Also no model name, number or made in USA on the inside.

As far as I know, Oakleys aren't painted, and in particular the icon shouldn't flake. Before I contact the seller I wanted to get some feedback. Good news is I only paid $67. Seller doesn't offer refunds, but at least I have the eBay guarantee to rely on.

Greatly appreciated.

. IMG_9225.JPG IMG_9224.JPG IMG_9215.JPG IMG_9218.JPG IMG_9223.JPG IMG_9211.JPG

IMG_9221.JPG

I got these on eBay and they arrived today. Thought they were eye jackets(?). The listing said "new without tags" and the pictures looked really good. Also listed as polarized. When they arrived, first of all definitely not polarized. Also several areas on the frame have paint flaked off, including the "O" icon on the left ear stem. Also no model name, number or made in USA on the inside.

As far as I know, Oakleys aren't painted, and in particular the icon shouldn't flake. Before I contact the seller I wanted to get some feedback. Good news is I only paid $67. Seller doesn't offer refunds, but at least I have the eBay guarantee to rely on.

Greatly appreciated.

.View attachment 158727 View attachment 158728 View attachment 158729 View attachment 158730 View attachment 158731 View attachment 158733

View attachment 158736

you got fake eyejackets bro.... one dead giveaway is the "R" mark on the oakley in the nosebridge...

I cant blame you since pictures were deceptive. Ebay will definitely help you get your money back. The only issue is if you have to cover the return shipping cost.

I messaged the seller and so far no response (not a surprise). For some reason I get an error message when I try to request a return through eBay saying "We couldn't process your request because of a technical issue. Please try again.". Tried different browsers and rebooting etc. Might have to try to call eBay tomorrow.

I know... shame on me. The pics on eBay were taken in a way that made it look a lot better. And I think the price was another dead give away. I only paid $67 including shipping. I was able to start the return request through eBay today, so I should be okay.

I know... shame on me. The pics on eBay were taken in a way that made it look a lot better. And I think the price was another dead give away. I only paid $67 including shipping. I was able to start the return request through eBay today, so I should be okay.

its ok bro, charge it to experience.. at least the next time you would know a real pair from not... anyway we are here to help one another! hope you will sort out your prob with the seller!

Latest Posts

Back