1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Im working on a Ti02 romeo 2 and im really liking the geometry on these shades,i like the icons on the arms and the casting process is flawless.i didnt want to buy a bunch of extra shades but now you guys got me all f****d up on these x-metals, and now i want a pair of romeo 2s.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

That's the only pair I've got after trying out some Juliets, XX, and Mars. Romeos are outside my current spending cap, and X Squared never really appealed to me.

I like them a lot, and they look pretty wild compared to some of the others with the flow of the orbitals and the wide-flaring temples.

My only wish is that they had an XLJ version that extended the lens out under where the spike hooks into the orbital at the temple. It would clean up the lines a little bit and give much better coverage.

Well that, and for spare rubber to be readily available.

I'm really interested to see your TiO2 version when you finish. I have an X Metal with black polarized that I'd like to eventually have the orbitals done in a light plasma, and try to find a lens to mod for an XL version.

3. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

If you get a pair and figure out how to remove the stripped screws holding the lenses in and have a good replacement for them, let me know :)

4. KKSigs

KKSigs Oakley Beginner

If you help me find a Mars Crater or Mars Leather, I may have an extra one to sell

5. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

just retap to the the next size up with a 8-32 bottoming tap and get some set screws from ace hardware

salj838 likes this.
  6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I just got my T5 driver in the mail today. I'll see if I can't get a gauge on the screw and figure out what it is. Won't be till next week though, leaving on vacation tomorrow.

7. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

I think they're really underrated by the collecting community, probably because the design is a little more understated. The upside of that is you don't need to raid a bank vault to snag a pair! As wearers they're one of the comfiest metals to wear.

Cheers,

8. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Tried going the next size up. No go. They're fine for now. I just wear them and wasn't planning on customizing them. I was just asking in case i needed to swap lenses in the future.

And i'll also second the comment about them being underrated and comfortable. I blew them off before i got myself a pair. Once i put them on, i was in love.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Also, the attachment to the Romeo name caused a lot of unfair animosity to it. Part of me thinks that if it were named something else they'd be much more popular. The Romeo name is so sacred to some that it's an automatic turnoff because it sullied the name.

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

thats because its not cast.. they used a milling process on the R2