• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reason Why We Collect Oakleys....

Craftsman ship and style. There's nothing else out there like an xmetal. And nothing else like a zero or ott or even jawbones. Just a lot of work put into something.

I was sold when I got my first metal, a mars crater. Looking at the orbitals you can see that it was finished by hand. A true work of art that I can wear, show off, and enjoy.

Good question. I think it's just like any other hobby, because it makes you happy. And now that I'm involved, it's fun to go on a quest to find a discontinued pair and get them. Other people don't understand. Like my wife, for example. But she accepts it the same way I accept but don't understand her need for so many purses and pairs of shoes. It makes her happy and that's good enough for me.

good answer bro! :cool:

Craftsman ship and style. There's nothing else out there like an xmetal. And nothing else like a zero or ott or even jawbones. Just a lot of work put into something.

I was sold when I got my first metal, a mars crater. Looking at the orbitals you can see that it was finished by hand. A true work of art that I can wear, show off, and enjoy.

not to mention a piece of history too bro, you will always have a story when you wear them... and the look people give you when you wear them, its like oohhs and ahhs and where did he get those?

I've wanted them since I was a kid and my parents always refused to buy them due to cost. When I finally saved enough and got my own pair it was downhill from there.

The collecting started because I admire Oakley always being at the front of the line in optics and also anything else they put their hands on

good answer bro! :cool:

not to mention a piece of history too bro, you will always have a story when you wear them... and the look people give you when you wear them, its like oohhs and ahhs and where did he get those?

Thanks. That's one of the reasons I want some of the older, discontinued ones. To have something that you don't see everywhere. The new ones are great, but it doesn't seem like they're designing truly wild styles anymore (overthetop, Mars, Zero, etc).

I got started in the late 90's and early 00's... It started off with buying pairs to match my wardrobe.
Then it turned into something else... I'm mainly into the vintage stuff.

I love the crazy style and the fact they are Made in the USA...

I also believe that examples should be preserved to show where the brand came from... They're pieces of history!

I love the lenses. I love how things look through them, and they give me peace of mind. I know my eyes are safe behind a pair of Oakley lenses. My good friend got an eye injury about 5 years ago and she lost vision in one eye. I think 100 dollars for a pair of Oakley glasses is a small price to pay for your vision. We take it for granted. On the flip side, It's like a different pair of shoes every day. Except it's a different pair of glasses every day. :cool:

I buy them because I like quality things. I hate buying cheap crap. I wear nice shoes, nice pants, nice shirts/sweaters, nice glasses, nice watches. I just really like nice things and enjoy looking well put together. Sunglasses are a part of it.

I collect them because they're well made, well engineered, pieces of wearable art.

Always been a fan of Oakleys since i was a teenager. I love the different styles of them, different colours, the way people can customise them just by changing the lenses or earsocks etc. When you wear them people notice it's great!

Latest Posts

Back