• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rebuilt Plasma Pennys

Can you show me a picture form the backside of the nosebridge please?

Heres how its done.....i make the flanged end first and machine to the correct length leaving .100" longer than the thickness of the bridge then push it through the back or face side of the bridge.now in order for the rivit to be held in place it has to be "drivin" from the front or rounded side to expand the diameter thus holding it it place.i then sand down the thickness so its only .025" high off the nosebridge .if someone has a pair they dont want refinished then much care is needed as to not touch the existing material and scratch it,thats why id like to blast and get it all to blend in together,but i cant always do that.i have another pair coming in this week that i am using a small cupped "driver" on to radius the front of the rivit and i know this will solve the athstetics issue.its just like anything... practice makes perfect.

But not mine?

these turned out really well,i think youll love em.

You're right, the picture didnt do them justice. They look great! (This picture makes it look like white plastic was used, but upon receiving them they are titanium colored metal rivets.) The reflection of light in your photo is what made them look like white plastic and what had me question it all. Thanks!

your welcome,and the spring hinges are redone too.they get all corroded after time and should be done every once and awhile.

i have another pair coming in this week that i am using a small cupped "driver" on to radius the front of the rivit and i know this will solve the athstetics issue.its just like anything... practice makes perfect.

Is that by chance my pair!!! I can't wait to see finished product!

Mario

Latest Posts

Back