• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rebuilt Xx

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
Finished JCS12s worn out XXs,new rubber, new rivits,and a beadblasted finish.i think he will get many more years out of them.ill post pics of the whole process tomorrow.these were done for free just to see if it can be done and as i figured it sure can.ill have him post his opinions when they get back to him in a couple of weeks.if oakley bails on the rebuild project for the x-metals i may have to do it.

Any idea of future pricing for the service? Rough ballpark figure? I wouldn't mind getting my XX refinished with some bead blasting. They're quite dull at the tips of the earstem. Looking forward to your upcoming pics of the process!

072.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

071.jpg

here are some pics i had taken of some really loose xx,the finish was blasted and new rubbers installed.the front of the pins are smooth but flat and they are pressed in without expanding the original hole diameter in the bridge.the finish in the photos seems rough but they are smooth.these glasses were unwearable before but they should outlast the rubber that oakley uses by 10x.hope he gets some new lenses and a rubber kit and these will be like new again.the other blasting media i use will make them more of a lighter color .i have some pics on here of my juliets to refer to that used this lighter media.

new stainless steel rivits,new rubber.silicone rubber that wont rot with perspiration

Back