1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Finished JCS12s worn out XXs,new rubber, new rivits,and a beadblasted finish.i think he will get many more years out of them.ill post pics of the whole process tomorrow.these were done for free just to see if it can be done and as i figured it sure can.ill have him post his opinions when they get back to him in a couple of weeks.if oakley bails on the rebuild project for the x-metals i may have to do it.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Advent

Advent Oakley Beginner

Good to know! You may be the solution to the Penny problem.

3. bubba g

bubba g Oakley Beginner

Any idea of future pricing for the service? Rough ballpark figure? I wouldn't mind getting my XX refinished with some bead blasting. They're quite dull at the tips of the earstem. Looking forward to your upcoming pics of the process!

4. THE X-MAN

5. THE X-MAN

here are some pics i had taken of some really loose xx,the finish was blasted and new rubbers installed.the front of the pins are smooth but flat and they are pressed in without expanding the original hole diameter in the bridge.the finish in the photos seems rough but they are smooth.these glasses were unwearable before but they should outlast the rubber that oakley uses by 10x.hope he gets some new lenses and a rubber kit and these will be like new again.the other blasting media i use will make them more of a lighter color .i have some pics on here of my juliets to refer to that used this lighter media.

6. jetta3381

jetta3381 Oakley Enthusiast

How much just to install pins or rivets for nose bridge? did you just reuse those old rivets from this pics? or installed on pics are new pins?

7. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

You didnt build that

8. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

?????

9. THE X-MAN

new stainless steel rivits,new rubber.silicone rubber that wont rot with perspiration

10. THE X-MAN

qtrain.....what are your opinions on the rebuild???