• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Received and tried out my rivet press from Linegear..

Nice job! I would like to have a similar success when I eventually do one.

Please do not take this as a criticism, but I couldn't help notice that the pins had a notch like a firing pin had struck it. The Linegear tool looks like it had another punch tool with a flatter surface. Would this not be the one to use for re-inserting the pins?

Yeah that was just me being impatient. I knew what the second press piece was for but what I didn't know is how much force it took to push the rivet back into place so that was my own fault.

I actually did re-use the old pins. Not because I had to but I wasn't sure what was going to happen so I thought if I broke or damaged the pins I'd rather they be the old pins. My plans were to push them back out and put in the new Linegear pins after I got some practice but there didn't seem to be anything wrong with them so I haven't done that yet. One thing I think I noticed was OEM pins have a little rib on it and the Linegear pins are smooth. At least I think this is what I seen.

Latest Posts

Back