1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

Has anyone been noticing serious delays with customs lately? The last two purchases I've had come through have sat in customs for almost two weeks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. faxmanjazz

faxmanjazz Oakley Enthusiast

My fairends sat in customs for a about a week. Annoying if you ask me. I always get hit hard on COD as well. Something shipped from NYC costed me $97 in extra fees.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Wow, $97 in extra fees is really disturbing. That I would say actually hurts. :sad:

4. faxmanjazz

Ya I was pissed. It was a Supreme frog though. Came through ups I think

5. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I haven't noticed the delays as much, but definitely Customs is hammering us Canadians right now!!!

6. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

UPS is by far the worst to deal with in all my experiences. Their customs and brokerage fees just kill any sort of good deal. I will avoid at all langths dealing with UPS whenever possible.

7. faxmanjazz

Agreed, I wish I knew that back then.

8. NMOne

NMOne Oakley Beginner

I think it's Customs in general. Our health insurance doesn't cover the only anti-depressant medication that works for my wife (Cymbalta) so we order from an Rx group in Canada. Every time we place in order it makes quick progress to the East Coast and BAM! sits in Customs in New York on 'hold' for no reason. Calling does no good, just get the run around. We actually have to call the company when we see the package arrive in Customs and the company has to call them and get them released.