• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recent purchase (quality)

I will probably get flamed for this but... Over the last year I have bought 19 lenses from Revant for frames and styles no longer available from Oakley. Of the 19 one came with issues. All the others were flawless. For that one bad one Revant provided me with a prepaid return label with no questions asked.

Now I have no intention of getting into a discussion of Revant's optical quality vs. Oakley's but to my Mark 1 eyeball they are decent lenses. Nice tints, good clarity, seemingly solid polarization, very good QC, excellent customer service. My one complaint is that the regular polarized lenses (as opposed to the Elite lenses) are thinner than Oakley's. Ok, I have a second complaint, the latest iteration of the Elite lenses are darn expensive for a non-OEM lens.

My point is that we (I do anyway) talk up Oakley any chance we get. The other day a friend and I were ragging on another friend during a bike ride because he was getting blinded by the glare from the setting sun. Both of us were wearing Oakleys and could see, he was not and could not. We told him that if he were wearing Oakleys he would not be having the problem. So, anyway, Oakley please address your QC and packaging issues and give me back my bragging rights.

Oakley should drop those packages immediately. I think that the guy who dreamed up the packaging said "And look!" as he put them over his eyes, demonstrating that the customer could see through them just as if they were in a frame.
Well, it looks good on paper, but they are fragile and exposed in that packaging.

I'm considering keeping the regular Flak Jacket Deep Waters even though there is a swirl in the Iridium., just because I want to wear that lens just about full time. But, I think I'm going to give up on trying to get a good pair for my Flaks. I'm going to return the Flak Lenses, and get Deep Water PRIZMS for my Woograin Frogskins when they become available.

Last edited:
Oakley should drop those packages immediately. I think that the guy who dreamed up the packaging said "And look!" as he put them over his eyes, demonstrating that the customer could see through them just as if they were in a frame.
Well, it looks good on paper, but they are fragile and exposed in that packaging.
They are absolute garbage, and I'm starting to think that the lenses are as poor as the new packaging.

I'm considering keeping the regular Flak Jacket Deep Waters even though there is a swirl in the Iridium., just because I want to wear that lens just about full time. But, I think I'm going to give up on trying to get a good pair for my Flaks. I'm going to return the Flak Lenses, and get Deep Water PRIZMS for my Woograin Frogskins when they become available. I'm convinced that they are using the Flak Jacket PRIZMS to test the new packaging. The test is a complete and utter failure.

Oakley, please send me my PRIZM Deep Water Polarized lenses for Frogskin in foam pouches placed in a box. If You do that, You will have regained my trust in Your endless pursuit of quality. Jim Jannard must be pissed to see what Luxotica is doing to his corporation. They are screwing it into the ground, and NOT a little at a time. It's almost as if the inevitable move to Oakley's becoming a Chinese manufacturing venture, going the way of the Buffalo. A great American product that isn't a tenth of what it used to be. And this lens thing SUCKS, because I'm thrilled and very curious about their PRIZM technology, but they're turning them into garbage before they even give it half a chance. Such an exciting product, and it's being run straight into the ground. Mailnly over packaging. Mainly.

Please don't think that I hate Oakley, because I still love it. But I fear that the powers that be at Luxotica may have already shot itself in the foot too many times to recover.

---Official "Dead Horse" thread---

Latest Posts

Back