• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recent Scalpel Mod

TechGuy77

Oakley Expert
Lincoln, NE
Here is my first mod of a pair of Scalpels. Going for an SI look with these. I know some of you may knock that I used Rustoleum Camo Khaki paint but allowed it to fully cure and I baked it on with a clear coat. I don't plan to wear them a ton so it should hopefuly hold up well. With that said here are some pictures and I still have to get finalized pictures. Waiting on some replacement icons.

Raw after dismantle and alcohol cleaning
IMG_20160705_082000294 (1).jpg

Pictures of the frame after a few coats before clear coat
IMG_20160705_144253242.jpg

IMG_20160705_144447045.jpg

IMG_20160705_144220173.jpg

More pictures to come later...

Last edited:
I rattlecanned a weapon, both plastic and metal including barrel with 5 separate shades of Krylon. It wears with repeated use (from rubbing and magazine changes, no ill-effects from heat yet). I did no baking or curing. I think you'll be okay here, as long as you don't change lenses twice a week. Anxious to see the finished and assembled pair!

Well one more preview picture of it assembled but still need the correct icons, lost one and have some real Gun Metal ones on the way to finish them off! Plus I'm getting a microfiber bag to match the SI look. I love the look and will post final pictures once the icons arrive later next week.

Already purchased another project pair of Scalpels to make a "Infinite Hero" pair, with a matte black finish, purple icons and aftermarket Ikon polarized violet/purple lenses. Tried on some Fuel Cells but didn't like how they fit me so decided I'll just custom make my own.

IMG_20160715_195835873.jpg

Back