1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Juan1605

Juan1605 Oakley Beginner

Hello, next month i will buy my first oakley lens. The question is what lens you recommend me. I Need lens for cycling. My activity is 70% road and 30% mtb. I have been thinking in the radarlock tour the france edition with prizm road, but i read in the forum that the prizm road is not good for a brightness sunny day, iridium polarized are best for this case. In Buenos Aires in summer days the road reflect all brightness of sun and i dont know if the prizm road can help me with this. So, maybe for a long time i only have this first lens, next i try to buy a replacement lens but not for the next months so i need to choose prizm or iridium or iridium polarized. What recommend you? Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

VR28 Black Iridium Polarized.

Jmgarcia likes this.
  3. iamFLIP

iamFLIP [{#%^*+_\|~<>?!$&@}] Premium Member

How about Prizm Daily Polarized?

4. Juan1605

Juan1605 Oakley Beginner

Thanks, Black iridium polarized and prizm daily are a great idea, but the bad of polarized is when i have to go mtb riding. All local mtb circuits are in a places with lot of trees so the polzarized must be darkness for this situation. I know that the ideal is buy for example prizm road and prizm trail, but i dont have much money for this :headbang:. So first i need a lens compatible with road and trail activities for the moment, maybe in four or five months i will buy another replacement lens. Thanks

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

You pretty much answered your own question I believe.

Go for prizm road.

6. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

1th ?
    Recommendation 1th Oakley - download.jpg

7. Juan1605

Juan1605 Oakley Beginner

Yes, i like the prizm road, but i was thinking that exist an option out of polarized or prizm. Maybe only iridium in any color or photocromatic... I dont know if this options are recommended for cycling. Thanks again!

8. Juan1605

Juan1605 Oakley Beginner