• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recommendations for a Fives 2.0 replacement

DrvLikHell

Oakley Beginner
I need help finding a replacement for my beloved Fives. Here's what happened... I could cry...

I had a minor mountain biking accident today and I lost the right arm in the accident. I was on a super steep short climb, lost momentum, pulled the front wheel off the ground, went to put a foot down on ground that didn't exist, and did a barrel roll down a small ravine into some dead tree branches and small black sticks. All of which looked exactly like the arm to my sunglasses. I'm going back tomorrow to look again with a flashlight but I don't have great hopes.

I plan on posting in the Sunglasses Exchange forum, when it lets me, hoping I can find some similar black replacements, or even just a right arm.

I also looked on eBay, and will continue to search there, but so far there's only funky colors, or they're not 2.0s.

In case that doesn't work out, I'd like some input on what sunglasses I should buy next. I don't like large glasses at all, which doesn't make choosing easy since there's a popular trend towards huge glasses. I like a close fit, with black or dark gunmetal frames and dark black lenses, preferably iridium or just plain. I also don't like glossy frames. (Did I mention I'm picky?) I don't like the blue or gold or other colored lenses either. I could possibly be talked into something with a black frame and gold reflective lenses, though not tan/amber/brown tint. But I'd really prefer standard black/iridium. I'm also not crazy about really thick arms. I really like the Fives 1.0 9mm, but that's about as thick as I'd go for arms. Oh, and I'd prefer not to spend a ton, like $150 tops. (I have a crap job)

I currently have my broken Fives and some equally vintage A Wires. I started with the original Eyejackets back in, I think, 1994, or 1995. I looked at all the new stuff on the Oakley site and I think I like the Half Jacket 2.0, and Flack 2.0, and maybe the Flack Jacket, and maybe the RPM Squared. But, I'd really like some input on older/out of production glasses like my Fives and A Wires. I've been perusing some Oakley timeline sites but so far they don't have pictures of every variation of every model of glasses that Oakley produced. And the variations are important because I love my Fives 2.0, but I don't like the Fives 3.0, Fives 4.0, or any Squared Fives. But you guys, collectively, know all the variations of all the models from the beginning. And you're enthusiasts, like me, so I'd love to hear suggestions from you guys.

Don't rule out the Fives Squared without trying them on first. I've owned 2 pairs of the original Fives and the Fives Squared are much more comfortable. I like them so much that I own 4 pairs. As for finish, you might like the flat black Ducati or SI frames. I also really like the Flak Jacket 1.0. It's my choice for biking and hiking. I actually have a brand new black pair with black iridium lenses and case for sale in the exchange section. Good luck on your hunt for the arm for your 2.0.

The Flak and Half 2.0 are both larger than the Five 2.0. Standard lenses over the xlj will keep the perception of the size down some.
The Half Jacket 1.0 is the smaller of the 3. There's also the Fives 1.0 that pop up from time to time. Nearly identical to the 2.0 with a little variation in frame design/material. The orbitals are very close in size.

Check out the Minute, Valve (1st gen), Splice, Four(s). I wear smaller frames and I these are my favorites.

@OakManTX do you have any of these left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is that also what it takes to be able to post/reply in the exchange forum?

BTW, this is very bad for me... after perusing O-Review I've found several sunglasses that I'm really interested in. Mostly the Hatchet and Tinfoil, but also the Valve 1.0 and the kinda weird looking OO A.

Back