• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recommended A Polarized Lense For Radarlock

bluenose

Oakley Enthusiast
Scotland
Getting a new lense and couple of goodies for birthday next week can't decide between black fire of deep blue want polarized kind of like the red too.
Going to local opticians today see if I can try a few on what do you guys recommended.

It really depends on what you want to use them for.

Deep blue is a neutral transmission lens, but it's a bit on the light side for being out in full sun. I have one in a Radarlock and it's a great lens for driving or using on a lightly cloudy day. Takes the glare out after rain or from cars or when out on the water.

Black is dark and neutral. Great lens, handles bright sun and glare. Can feel too dark in a hurry if the clouds roll in or the light starts to fade at dusk.

Fire, in my mind, is more of a fashion lens. It's listed as a contrast lens because it's not grey. But the contrast really isn't functional like the VR28 or G30.

Im very impressed with OOBlack polarized as an all purpose lens.
Also consider Titanium iridium polarized - not sure if radarlocks have these colors, but Titanium is very good all purpose without being overly yellow/bronze.

I own every radarlock polarize lens. My favorite sunny day lens is Positive red polarize. My second favorite bronze polarize for the overcast days, even tho it does not look cool , it is the most relaxing lens to wear, can wear the lens with very little light out and still see clearly.

Managed to try blue today and ruled them out I have black in my fives polarized and iridium in radar couldn't get to try fire as they had none.
How do you mean it's a fashion lense bud not as usable as black.
Choice in uk for polarised is quite limited no titanium or bronze might try ebay

Back