1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oak Heel

Oak Heel Oakley Expert Premium Member

Not a recent purchase, but just re-acquired these OG valves from my brother. I originally purchased them back in 2003 when I was in 8th grade. I "gave" them to my brother about 5 years ago, but he has since purchased some other Oakleys and no longer wears them so he let me have them back! :p

They are the dark grey frame with grey lenses. The lenses are toast! There is some peeling of the frame color on the earstems and the icons are chipped up and peeling as well. Surprisingly, the oakley logo on the nosebridge is intact. Also has the original microfiber bag, but no box.

I'm debating on having them cerakoted and restoring them. They are almost a perfect match to sniper grey, but part of me wants to keep them original. I do have some oem Titanium IP lenses for them, but unfortunately no replacement nosebombs.

Pics:
    Recovered my beloved first pair of Oakleys - IMG_4811.JPG
    Recovered my beloved first pair of Oakleys - IMG_4817.JPG
    Recovered my beloved first pair of Oakleys - IMG_4816.JPG

Durty66 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oak Heel

Oh yeah and Made in USA, wherever that is...
    Recovered my beloved first pair of Oakleys - IMG_4815.JPG

Jmgarcia and Nortika like this.
  3. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice you got them back, as old as they are you might as well keep them original

Oak Heel likes this.
  4. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Very niiice

Oak Heel likes this.
  5. WILL-I-AM

WILL-I-AM Oakley Expert Premium Member

I agree with @Nortika in keeping them original. Nice pair for sure. The frame color is a beauty and a big plus with the Oakley logo on the nosebridge in pretty good shape.

Oak Heel likes this.
  6. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

You get that battle-damaged look with the frames as-is. Lenses need to be replaced for sure, though.

Oak Heel likes this.
  7. Durty66

Durty66 Oakley Enthusiast

Pretty cool of your brother to give them back to you!

Oak Heel likes this.
  8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Shoulda gave him a beat down to get them back. ;)

Oak Heel likes this.
  9. Oak Heel

Yeah you guys are right @Nortika and @WILLAW84. I'm just going to keep the frames original and replace lenses. Don't know what I was thinking.

He is a cool bro that's for sure. I did offer to get him some replacement lenses so he could keep and continue to wear them, but he said he probably wouldn't wear them much and just gave them back to me.

And yes @OakleyFrankFMJ, I did give him a beat down. Not over the glasses though, just because haha :angel: