• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recovered my beloved first pair of Oakleys

Oak Heel

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Not a recent purchase, but just re-acquired these OG valves from my brother. I originally purchased them back in 2003 when I was in 8th grade. I "gave" them to my brother about 5 years ago, but he has since purchased some other Oakleys and no longer wears them so he let me have them back! :p

They are the dark grey frame with grey lenses. The lenses are toast! There is some peeling of the frame color on the earstems and the icons are chipped up and peeling as well. Surprisingly, the oakley logo on the nosebridge is intact. Also has the original microfiber bag, but no box.

I'm debating on having them cerakoted and restoring them. They are almost a perfect match to sniper grey, but part of me wants to keep them original. I do have some oem Titanium IP lenses for them, but unfortunately no replacement nosebombs.

Pics:
IMG_4811.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

You get that battle-damaged look with the frames as-is. Lenses need to be replaced for sure, though.

Yeah you guys are right @Nortika and @WILLAW84. I'm just going to keep the frames original and replace lenses. Don't know what I was thinking.

He is a cool bro that's for sure. I did offer to get him some replacement lenses so he could keep and continue to wear them, but he said he probably wouldn't wear them much and just gave them back to me.

And yes @OakleyFrankFMJ, I did give him a beat down. Not over the glasses though, just because haha :angel:

Back