• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Red Earsocks

NiGHTSx2

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
Does anyone have pictures of what the different red earsocks look like? I'm referring to Metallic Red vs. Cardinal vs. Team Red, etc. The photography is so inconsistent on the Oakley OCP pages that it's almost impossible to figure out the differences between the various colors.

Hope these posts are helpful. They are a pretty decent representation.

Thanks for posting. LOL, if you look at the diagrams, they each show different colors for Metallic Red. The other two reds are similar, but I still can't figure out what metallic red is going to look like. I'm trying to build a metallic red half jacket and figure out which of the red earsocks is going to look best.

Metallic red is more like a candy apple red, it isnt as vibrant as the other two. My favorite is the Team Red.

Metallic red is more like a candy apple red, it isnt as vibrant as the other two. My favorite is the Team Red.

Any suggestions? I have a metallic red frame and want red earsocks that are darker than the frame itself, and if possible, a bit on the wine/purple side of the red spectrum. ...something that is not going to blend in with the rest of the frame.

The lenses are +Red, if that helps. I'm not sure if Metallic Red or Cardinal would be a better bet for the socks. I want something that looks most like the pic below (and yes, I do know that the Metallic Red frame is WAY darker in real life; and I wish Oakley would start color checking their web photography :mad:). Waddayathink?

oakleyhalfjacketred.jpg

Here's a quick reference for your consideration. Not exactly answering your question, but more info!

Oakley Radar custom [en] | Roues Artisanales

Haha! I see I'm not the only one who has been bitten by the "hey, that doesn't look like the thing on the web site" bug. There's really no way around this problem, except to order and hope for the best. I have no idea why Oakley can't stock the stores that do OCP with earsocks as well. All they get are the frames with plain old white or black socks. This forces us to order from the web, where we don't know what to expect, since the photography is all over the place, and rarely true to actual colors. :laugh:

Back