• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Red Vs. Red Vs...Red?

Here's a comparison between my polarized +red lenses and non-polarized. Pretty big difference:

Polarized:
8874162164_db5f3835a5_z.jpg

Non-Polarized
8873546215_b62c75cdca_z.jpg

You're right, big big difference. P look fierce. Are those SGH lenses?

I'll try and post a comparison of my ruby/ +red/ vintage +red sometimes this week, too. Figure the more examples the better.

Yup, those are the lenses that came with the SGH Acid Blue exclusives. Now that I have them back, I noticed the polarized lenses transmit a bit more light then the non-polarized lenses, but the cut down in glare totally makes up for it.

Bumping this thread again because I saw it in the past and just got the newest crystal black/+red Frogs (03-289).
I have a pair of Shaun White Jupiter LX, which was my first pair of +red lenses. I fell in love with them - the look of them AND what it was like to look through them. No idea why Oakley went ahead and changed this lens, as it seems to be a favorite of a lot of people. From comparing the two lenses, I can definitely see what this thread talks about when it comes to there being much more blue in the new lenses.
However, another thing I noticed while looking through them one after the other is that it seems that the base tint has gone from blue (correct me if I'm wrong, that's what it looks like to me) to grey. I don't necessarily DISLIKE the new lenses, but I was somewhat disappointed when I put them on and didn't get what used to be my favorite lens.

Latest Posts

Back