1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

After having the Icons painted for my Moster Frog's I needed to fit them back on to the frame. Due to the age of the glasses the tape that original held the Icons in place was no good. I mentioned this to the paint shop that did the work for me & he pulled out some MAGIC TAPE. He simply peeled off the top & stuck Icons onto it. Put the top back over & rubbered over the Icons. Once i got back to my office I just had to peel them off the backing. This left the glue on the back of the Icon & NO cutting out for me. The only thing i found was it was best to use a craft or stanley knife to just go around the centre & that way the adhisive was left on the backing paper too. The name of the product is called jtape. I have attached their website & it was the logo tape that was used.

Foam masking tape, soft edge masking tape, dart tape and advanced foam masking tape - jtape.com

See also my picutre of the Icons that I have just had painted too ready for my Hijinx coming back. The Icons are stuck to the jtape ready. Hope this helps some of you out their.

Last edited by a moderator: 7/1/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. hotley10

hotley10 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

use a good double tape to stick it back to the frame. but 1st you have to cut the tape to fit the icons :D..

3. Oakley_Sight

With the jtape there is no cutting needed. Peel the icon off & the adhisive is stuck to the icon so you don't even have to peel the paper backing off like you do with the double sided tape.

4. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Jtape? Where can I buy this??

5. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

You will find a number of different double stick tapes in any ART Supply store.

6. Oakley_Sight

This tends to be used by bodyshops for sticking badges etc back onto cars. So try to find a friendly bodyshop or you could enquire on their website. The beauty of this tape is that it adds NO BULK to the Icon so they would not stand any prouder than the did originally. Some double sided tape is not strong enough to hold the Icons in place & even the you would have to trim the tape to the shape of the Icon but you dont with this. Let me know how you get on & if you struggle i'll try to beg, steel or borrow some from the lads that gave me mine.