1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I just recently started noticing little light reflections on the inside of my lenses. It's like dust or something but when I turn my head from looking at the sun or away from it they appear and disappear. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their glasses. I only noticed it on my split jackets and not really on my radars. After reading this I know how silly it sounds but it's hard to explain. If this has happened to anyone else I am just wondering and if anyone knows what causes it I would like to know.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

They are your eyes it happens sometimes to me when I wear some frames that have exposure on the sides over time you won't even notice it anymore

3. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Thank you for the reply. I had never experienced it before.

4. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

I get it when it wear my jupiter squareds and my two faces most of the time

5. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yea some of my iakley lenses have the glare inside. Why some peoole like maui jim or ray bans supposedly

6. o8b

o8b Oakley Beginner

I get it pretty severely with my Fuel Cells. I'm not sure if it has to do with how the glasses sit on my face or what, but it's really annoying.

7. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

I get light streaks at times when looking only at the sun. It's dirt-dust. Clean with the Oakley cleaning spray and microfiber cloth. It's happened with my hijinx-radars.

8. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

This was my first frame that had dual lenses so I didn't know if it was common with this style, because I used my m frames and radars and never saw them before. It was something that I didn't like and noticed occasionally but I do seem to be getting used to it now. I try to keep my lenses as clean as I can but they always seem to attract a little bit of the dust even in my micro bag.

9. Richard Ridgway

Richard Ridgway Oakley Beginner

It's definitely a reflection from light coming in from the sides. I get it all the time on my flak jackets,it's annoying but it's never too severe.

10. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

That's how mine are, it's not really a big problem but it just gets annoying.