• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Remember this Baby? Such a shame that the serials got shaven off

I now nowt about metals so forgive my ignorance in this subject , been the way i am i would think if serial numbers have been rubbed off it would suggest it is stolen BUT with these metals having 1st/2nd generations would it be the case that someone has removed the serial numbers to hide the generation AND if so wouldn't it been marked like that only decrease the value even more ? Thus giving no reason to mark it to hide the serial
Eg: gen1 $200
gen2 $300
Unknown Gen/damaged frame -$200

Just curious to know if there's a reason behind the removal of serial

I now nowt about metals so forgive my ignorance in this subject , been the way i am i would think if serial numbers have been rubbed off it would suggest it is stolen BUT with these metals having 1st/2nd generations would it be the case that someone has removed the serial numbers to hide the generation AND if so wouldn't it been marked like that only decrease the value even more ? Thus giving no reason to mark it to hide the serial
Eg: gen1 $200
gen2 $300
Unknown Gen/damaged frame -$200

Just curious to know if there's a reason behind the removal of serial

I've been trying to figure that out since I got them... When I asked my friend about it he said he got them like that from the US, the price tags are actually still inside the box it says $290 and got it from a store in California called RDG Concessions he also said that the Penny was purchased as unserialized ones.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

The serials might have been blottered to the police and have a record as lost or probably stolen(usual crack in the Philippines). Therefore with the present condition,there's no way that it will re-unite of whoever who lost it. Finders keepers...

Being Filipino, I say, anything goes in the Philipinnes. Nice pickup, by the way. They seem to be in pretty good condition.

Back