• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Remind Me Never To Do That Again...

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I rounded up all of my glasses for cleaning and inspection, then moved everything to a stockpile in my bedroom after taking pics for my collection thread. Go to bed.

Wake up to a bright morning, but the sun is above the sight lines of my car, so with the long shadows from the trees I didn't take out my glasses.

Took a walk at lunch and it was gloomy and stormy, so no glasses required.

Heading home and the sun is out in force, along with puddles and wet roads here and there. Time for glasses! Fish my case out of my work bag and! It's empty. :mad: :sad: :help: :doh:

Between the glare on the cars, the reflections from the puddles and wet roads, the general sunny day, I was in pure hell. My eyes feel like someone played a game of ping pong. Hy head is throbbing and it feels like my eye sockets are swelling. :crutch:

Been home for 45 minutes and I'm feeling better. Time for a nap, then it'll be time to move several pairs back to the car, the work bag, migrate one to my desk at work, and be sure at least 2 are polarized.

I feel ya man...i hate it when it rains then stops, then clears up, and you get that damn sunny glare from the water and the sun...that weird moment between a rain stom and a sunny clear day..
it drives my eyes nuts.

before i got my first pair of oakleys, i used to hardly ever wear sunglasses. it seems like since wearing my oakleys all the time, my eyes have gotten more sensitive to light, and i feel blinded without them. not necessarily a bad thing though. i would have to guess that the bright light was doing plenty of harm to my eyes when going without sunglasses all the time.

before i got my first pair of oakleys, i used to hardly ever wear sunglasses. it seems like since wearing my oakleys all the time, my eyes have gotten more sensitive to light, and i feel blinded without them. not necessarily a bad thing though. i would have to guess that the bright light was doing plenty of harm to my eyes when going without sunglasses all the time.
+1 to that. I noticed the same exact thing.

My first pair was black iridium polarized, prompted from having intense headaches like this. My second pair had a grey lens and I wore them for several months exclusively before ponying up for black iridium polarized ($150 lens for a college student is quite a bit) because I was getting eye fatigue and headaches in bright sun.

I may be a little more conditioned now since I've tried my best to always have Oakleys handy, but the problem existed before. I've neglected/forgotten my glasses on occasions before and can't say I ever found a time I've enjoyed being out in the sun in the last 5-10 years without glasses on.

This is also part of the driving force behind my love for the M Frame Heater. More coverage and less blocked peripheral vision than anything else, they've been a constant companion for 6 years now.

I feel ya man...i hate it when it rains then stops, then clears up, and you get that damn sunny glare from the water and the sun...that weird moment between a rain stom and a sunny clear day..
it drives my eyes nuts.

Two words: Bronze Polarized.

Back