• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing Bow From Doublewide Door

What kind of case do you have?

Where is the bow? Is the glass deformed, is the aluminum distorted, are the hinges bent, etc?

no need for a pic. I have the same problem with the right door of my black doublewide. I have tried the good ole "heatgun" method, but no real help. I need to get a propane torch and do it proper. The plexi needs to be heated just enough to allow you to unwarp it and take the bend out of it, but not melt or stretch it. It is just too thick for a heatgun to be effective really.

The door actually has a bend about half way dawn where it is slightly bowed out. So, when I try to open it, it hangs on the side of the cabinet if I don't push in on it slightly while opening. It is a real pain in the @$$ to be honest, but small price to pay for proper storage haha

Possible that the door was replaced with a piece of plexi just a little too big. I don't know what the heat gun would do to straighten it.

I would just take the door off and put a blanket on it and apply Some heavy weights to make it straight but that's just me haha

Possible that the door was replaced with a piece of plexi just a little too big. I don't know what the heat gun would do to straighten it.
generally, applying heat and pressure opposite of the bend/bow will allow it to bend back, but a heat gun won't keep constant heat on a large enough area of the door to fix it. A torch will. Trust me, I know lol

I would just take the door off and put a blanket on it and apply Some heavy weights to make it straight but that's just me haha
won't do it. still too thick and you need the heat to soften it and release the memory effect of where it is bent. It is literally a 10 minute fix with a torch and patience. Over zealous and you will burn the door. Torches are how they "flame polish" plexi and acrylic pieces...nothing hard at all

Back