• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing Gloss From Matte Frames

Alpha-Q

Oakley Beginner
Pasay
Does anyone know how to take care their matte frames?

I have carbon fiber jawbone in Matte and im afraid it will turn glossy from use just what happened to my white frame before, specially on the stems.

If you clean your glasses regularly, the finish will hold up a lot better in the long run. If you're wearing the finish right off of the frame, the same would be true with the echelon. It's just a print, afterall.

If you clean your glasses regularly, the finish will hold up a lot better in the long run. If you're wearing the finish right off of the frame, the same would be true with the echelon. It's just a print, afterall.

yup this. keep em clean and they last 20times longer at least i reckon. and just fyi, there ARE matte clear coats out there. trouble with oakley prints are they dont put a protective coat over em.

and Oakley's matte coats are generally a soft touch type finish, so coating over is useless. Changes the whole feel of them. Jawbone shouldn't give you much in wear since they have unobtanium sox. But yes, as states repeatedly, clean them..Clean them often.

Back