1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Alpha-Q

Alpha-Q Oakley Beginner

Does anyone know how to take care their matte frames?

I have carbon fiber jawbone in Matte and im afraid it will turn glossy from use just what happened to my white frame before, specially on the stems.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

thats probably from wear. in the carbon fiber frame, it;ll wear down to just the black base underneath. to protect it, you can spray a clearcoat over it.

3. Alpha-Q

Alpha-Q Oakley Beginner

then its no use buying the matte :) should have bought the echelon (glossy) instead...

4. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

If you clean your glasses regularly, the finish will hold up a lot better in the long run. If you're wearing the finish right off of the frame, the same would be true with the echelon. It's just a print, afterall.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yup this. keep em clean and they last 20times longer at least i reckon. and just fyi, there ARE matte clear coats out there. trouble with oakley prints are they dont put a protective coat over em.

6. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

7. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

and Oakley's matte coats are generally a soft touch type finish, so coating over is useless. Changes the whole feel of them. Jawbone shouldn't give you much in wear since they have unobtanium sox. But yes, as states repeatedly, clean them..Clean them often.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

agreed on the feel- matte sealants feel almost "cheap" sometimes