• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing logo on flak 2.0

96.SVT.COBRA

I should Work at Oakley
I'm ready to pick up a new pair of sport glasses and I'm thinking the flak 2.0 is the direction I want to go. My hangup on the pair is the Oakley logo on the nosebridge which seems out of place to me. Is there any easy way to remove the writing without damaging the frame or repaintng it? Thank ya in advance!

I'd like to remove it, too. I assume on the Black Polished frame that you can just polish it off using acetone free nail polish remover or Meguiars Plast-X plastic polish. I've done this on other polished frames.

Not sure how hard it would be to polish off the matte frame, though. Anyone tried?

Also the Standard Issue pairs come without the nosebridge logo.

I havent tried just yet, added lenses tk my half jacket and 1.0 flak instead of a new frame just yet. Good info on the SI models not having it though.

I know this is an old post. But I too felt so strongly about how much I can't stand it that I am not getting a pair even at over 50% off. It's just so unsightly and promotional. As if the logo on both sides of the frames in the front sides wasn't enough.

I just found this video. First time I've seen a potential solution that may not cause real damage to the frame. I'm a little hesitant to try this on a dark frame but may try gradually. Other solution is to try to use a black Sharpie over the logo. It's such an obnoxious placement.

Yes, I noticed that too and thanks for pointing it out for everyone. But I do have this product and it is amazing and think it's worth looking at and wondering if anyone has done this before. Personally I prefer the standard issue glasses and wish they were offered generally. Sharpie method if I'm unsuccessful and that may be unnoticeable on a black frame. I just wonder about noticing it when sunlight reflects off the frame.

Latest Posts

Back