• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing O-matter Earstems From Frame

oakleyman2424

Oakley Expert
Myrtle Beach
How do I safely remove a pair of earstems from a broken O-matter frame without damaging the mounting points or hinges? I'm specifically working with a pair of Minutes where the frame broke right down the center. I'd like to save the earstems and maybe customize a different pair if I can remove them safely.

Any help is appreciated.

well if the frame front is scrap already just cut the frame at the hinge and the arms would be unscathed.. but otherwise MOST frames' arms will pop out with a twisting motion. if i remember correctly its usually top out first, then bottom.it always feels like its gonna snap and i refrain from doing it. again if the frame is scrap, just cut it out..

I use a guitar pick. Fold the stems fully shut & then place the thin edge of the pick up against the closed stem & the bottom of the orbit. As you open the arm it should cause the pick to go between it & the orbit therefore lifting the hinge up & cause it to pop the locating pin up & out of its hole & thus freeing the arm.

Heed this warning, 'tread with care' even this method is no absolute guarantee that it will work: softly, softly, catchee monkey............
Tony, that sounds quite an ingenuitive method. If it works.....lol

Latest Posts

Back