• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing "Oakley" text from nose bridge?

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Any suggestions to finish the removal of the "Oakley" text on the nose bridge of a frame? It has started to come off already, so think it'd just be better if I finish it completely. Thanks in advance.

Any suggestions to finish the removal of the "Oakley" text on the nose bridge of a frame? It has started to come off already, so think it'd just be better if I finish it completely. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the text was painted on. I'd suggest the use of abrasion like a nylon brush to go at it and see how much you can remove. I suspect you can also use chemicals such as rubbing alcohol to remove the text. Any stronger chemicals may also eat away the frame color(s) unless it was injection molded.

Friction first, abrasives second, and I am not even going to go there, on the other, lol!!!!

I use acetone free nail polish remover on nascar die-cast cars dozens of times and it takes the lettering right off without hurting the base paint at all. Not sure how it would work on plastic but thats where I would start.

Back