• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing Oil Rig Icons

dead_man

Oakley Beginner
I want to remove my oil rig icons to paint them. Never done this. What's the best way to remove them, and re glue them once painted. Thanks

use hair blower and gently remove them, usually the double adhesive comes along with it so you can re-install them again or if not, just use double adhesive tape

So heat them from the back I assume. What would you recommend to help pry them out, or just finger nails. Thank you btw

So heat them from the back I assume. What would you recommend to help pry them out, or just finger nails. Thank you btw

Go to amazon or whatever and search "iphone pry tool". The results will show a number of tools great for this job; many are plastic which, though short-lived, are less likely to scratch / leave marks...

Go to amazon or whatever and search "iphone pry tool". The results will show a number of tools great for this job; many are plastic which, though short-lived, are less likely to scratch / leave marks...
That's a great idea. I am looking to do that to one of my pairs and I was curious to see how others were doing this. It seems that the oil rigs are harder than some others at removing the icon.

That's a great idea. I am looking to do that to one of my pairs and I was curious to see how others were doing this. It seems that the oil rigs are harder than some others at removing the icon.
I just use a hair dryer and a straight razor blade to pry up from underneath

I just use a hair dryer and a straight razor blade to pry up from underneath
Have you heard of anyone buying their Oakley icons off of ebay instead of getting them in store? It seems like in my area the chrome icons are harder to find.

Latest Posts

Back