1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 702baby

702baby Under The Electric Sky

Hi guys, I'm interested in sending a pair or two for the upcoming water transfer group buy, I know the lens, rubber, and icons have to be removed beforehand, so my question is for the icons, what's the best way to remove them? I tried using a small flat head screwdriver but was worried I might scratch the icons and frame, and what's the best way to put them back? Does superglue work or some other adhesive? Also I have original an Straight Jacket that I want to send over, but the icons are elevated and not molded in the frame, so my second question is it possible to remove these? If not what's the best way to paint them cause I know the water transfer will coat the entire frame, icons included. I posted two pics of my SJ so you guys can see what I'm talking about, thank you.

Removing / Replacing / Painting Icons For Water Transfer Buy - WP_000546.jpg
    Removing / Replacing / Painting Icons For Water Transfer Buy - WP_000548.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

I use the tip of a razor blade that seems to,work best for me. That straight jacket generation did not have removable icons, unfortunately, you may have to cover it, if you have a very steady hand, with tape so the water transfer doesn't go over it. Otherwise, once you get them back, send them to Dr. chop, he can professionally reprint them.

3. 702baby

702baby Under The Electric Sky

Thanks for the tips, was thinking about painting them with a small art paint brush but gotta have really steady hands for that

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah i do that with mine..

5. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

i personally use a needle but you need to heat first it helps alot and try not to slip as the needle will scratch the icon and poss the frame