• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing / Replacing / Painting Icons For Water Transfer Buy

702baby

Under The Electric Sky
Vegas Baby, Vegas!!!
Hi guys, I'm interested in sending a pair or two for the upcoming water transfer group buy, I know the lens, rubber, and icons have to be removed beforehand, so my question is for the icons, what's the best way to remove them? I tried using a small flat head screwdriver but was worried I might scratch the icons and frame, and what's the best way to put them back? Does superglue work or some other adhesive? Also I have original an Straight Jacket that I want to send over, but the icons are elevated and not molded in the frame, so my second question is it possible to remove these? If not what's the best way to paint them cause I know the water transfer will coat the entire frame, icons included. I posted two pics of my SJ so you guys can see what I'm talking about, thank you.

WP_000546.jpg

WP_000548.jpg

I use the tip of a razor blade that seems to,work best for me. That straight jacket generation did not have removable icons, unfortunately, you may have to cover it, if you have a very steady hand, with tape so the water transfer doesn't go over it. Otherwise, once you get them back, send them to Dr. chop, he can professionally reprint them.

i personally use a needle but you need to heat first it helps alot and try not to slip as the needle will scratch the icon and poss the frame

Back