1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

Can the stems on 24k glasses be repaired when the color wears off? If so does anyone know how much?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. nyhokie

nyhokie Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

Are you talking about this one? If you get them restored please share. Would be interested to see how they turn out.

3. rmontez

I was but someone else bought them at the buy it now price.

4. nyhokie

I was just about to make an offer (that they couldn't refuse) and then bam! Hopefully its a fellow o-bro and maybe they will do the leg work in getting it restored.

5. rmontez

LOL he refused my $200 offer, didn't mean to low ball him too much but I wasn't sure about the repair, then he countered with $265 and I countered with $250 then they were sold. I just should have accepted his $265. What were you going to offer if you don't mind me asking?

6. nyhokie

I was thinking to go $225 first and see if they would settle at around $250. I think $265 may have been fair depending on the condition you are willing to live with. But then again it may have needed new lenses($65), rubbers($20?), and maybe an X-man tune($50) which probably puts you close to $400. Not to mention trying to figure out how to refinish the nose and ear stems. Maybe the guy who bought them did us a favor?

7. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

The gold is the hard part. Someone will crack it I'm sure