• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replace Pitboss Lens With Split Jacket Lens

joby619

Oakley Beginner
San Diego
Ok, so I just purchased a gunmetal pitboss with vr28 lenses and I seen some threads that reference fitting split jacket lenses into pitbosses. From what I gather you just have shave the lower corner of the split jacket lens to fit, but I am unsure which lower corner (inside or outside corner?). I was hoping that one of you guys could offer tips and/or pictures. I have a few pairs of split jacket lenses and I just ordered a pair of BIP lenses for splits that I think would look really good in the gunmetal pitboss. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't have a Pit Boss, but maybe this is a help for you.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try using a metal file to shave the inside corner down and see if I can get it to fit just right. I am also hoping the the VR28 lens from the pitboss will fit in the split jacket. I think they will because split jacket has a pretty big channel where the lens sits so I think it would hide the smaller inside corner of the pit boss lens. I'm still a bit scared to push out the pit boss lens yet as I don't want to damage the frame.

Back