• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement 1st Gen Whisker VR28 Black Iridium Polarised Lenses?

m5n0w

Oakley Beginner
Hi all, my first post here so hoping I've put this thread in the correct place!

I stumbled across this forum late last night after again searching for anywhere that does or has replacement lenses for Oakley glasses.

To put it in a nutshell I have what has been identified by a company that offers Oakley repairs as a first generation (oval shaped) silver/bronze(ish?) coloured titanium framed Whisker with the VR28 black iridium polarised lenses.

Unfortunately a few years ago my left lens got a 2-3 cm scratch across it that whilst it isn't in normal view it is noticeable when looking downwards.

From what I gather there are 2 fitting shapes/versions with these lenses with mine typically being the discontinued first version...

Is there anybody within this forum that can assist me in sourcing a pair of the above lenses (or just the left from a pair with a damaged right?).

I have contacted numerous companies and nobody has been able to source me anything.
Oakley themselves offered me 40% off a new pair of glasses but after trying numerous Oakley's on I've discovered that the VR28 is a stunning lens which makes my issue even more annoying!

The only markings I can make out on the arm is: 2-073 60 (then an Oakley shape o) then a 9. Slightly worn so mayb other bits there missing.

I look forward to any assistance people could give me and hope you are all having a good weekend :)

Michael

Last edited:
There are some people on that will cut some lenses for you from original Oakley VR28 replacement lenses for other models that are still available.

Latest Posts

Back