• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement 1st Generation Frogskins Lenses and Specs?

Tommy_DTA

Oakley Enthusiast
What are the exact specs on the very 1st edition frogskins? i have some dude telling me mine are not 1st gens but 2nd. if i can get some clarification on what exactly makes them a 1st gen that would be awesome

and is there anyone that makes replacement lenses for the 1st gen frog skins?

thanks everyone

Gen 1 has metal hinges as AtmosPlease? states, but additionally flat Classic logo, Gen 2 short post plastic hinge with raised Classic logo. The frame and lens combinations were the same for each generation spanning 03-050 to 03-081, but gen 2 continued with additional colourways from around 03-082 to 03-099, then the New Frogskins followed from 03-100 to 03-104.

Gen 1 has metal hinges as AtmosPlease? states, but additionally flat Classic logo, Gen 2 short post plastic hinge with raised Classic logo. The frame and lens combinations were the same for each generation spanning 03-050 to 03-081, but gen 2 continued with additional colourways from around 03-082 to 03-099, then the New Frogskins followed from 03-100 to 03-104.

Thanks guys for the responses. I knew what the specs were I just wanted to hear it from someone elses mouth. so new gen lenses fit huh? That's awesome and saves me alot of trouble..I wanna keep the original lenses but they got some deep scratchs in two spots right in my direct vision ha..the VL replacement lenses would fit right?

And the other thing that distinguishes them is the Japan text print inside on the right at the rounded end of the earstem.

Thanks guys for the responses. I knew what the specs were I just wanted to hear it from someone elses mouth. so new gen lenses fit huh? That's awesome and saves me alot of trouble..I wanna keep the original lenses but they got some deep scratchs in two spots right in my direct vision ha..the VL replacement lenses would fit right?

They would but only if your on a tight budget should you consider this option: even though they say they fit, due to the depth of the lenses on the VL ones, they WILL stretch the frame permanently and leaf you with over stretched orbits, not good for trying to fit genuine afterwards....

Back