• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement earsocks on Straightlink

Premium869

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys I've found the rubber replacement for my straightlinks on ebay. However I an unsure how to glue them in place.? The Straightlinks have sorta a U shape to them and are not a slide on/off earsock. Any ideas on what the appropriate type of adhesive would be? Thx

Hey guys I've found the rubber replacement for my straightlinks on ebay. However I an unsure how to glue them in place.? The Straightlinks have sorta a U shape to them and are not a slide on/off earsock. Any ideas on what the appropriate type of adhesive would be? Thx
Do you have them to take a picture? I'm assuming your talking about the front part? Since the Straightlink has the rubber parts on both the arms and the front frame

20231021_095013.jpg
20231021_095039.jpg

As you can see in the final pic the rubber is pulling away from the Arm I'm assuming this is why Oakley moved away from this design. However, id like to fix the glasses as I really like them and they are a prescription pair
20231021_095024.jpg

20231021_061513.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the strightlonk has hooks on the arm that the rubber is attached to. They offer replacment sets and they wouldn't do that if the customer had to glue them in. I'd guess that if you pulled them off you'd find one of the hooks isn't set.

Back