• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement for Monster Dog?

Maldoror

Oakley Beginner
Hello All, I am new to the forum and not all that knowledgable on Oakleys, so could do with some advice on a purchase.

I have owned a pair of Monster Dogs for years and absolutely loved them. Unfortunately I lost my pair while on holiday last week, and much to my horror Monster Dog seems to have been discontinued.

My question is, which styles which are currently stocked as new are most similar in design? From what I've seen, the Straight Jacket and Valve have a similar vibe going on, are there any others? I was all ready to purchase some Pit Boss 2, but after doing some research I've come to realise they are probably going to be too big for my face.

So I am torn between getting a new pair of something different, or bidding on a good condition pair of Monsters on ebay (or maybe both :).

Other pairs I like after doing some searches are the "x metals", but they seem to be discontinued as well and going for silly money.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forum.

I think Straight Jackets will be your best option right now as the closest. Looks like you have already done the necessary research. Get that new pair. If you like it get a few more as future discontinue proof backups. ;)

Thanks - I've just bought some new polished black/black iridium Straight Jackets at a bit of a discount. Also have found a "very good" condition monster dog on ebay which I've bid on, ending this evening. Seller is saying clear blue frame, from the photos they look like what I've seen described as black crystal - either way I'll be stoked if I get these too.

I have both both the Monster Dogs and Straight Jackets. I wish they would still sell lenses and icons for them at least. My lenses are scratched and an icon fell off my MDs

It really shouldn't be that hard to find OEM lenses for MD's as they haven't been discontinued for that long.

I have both both the Monster Dogs and Straight Jackets. I wish they would still sell lenses and icons for them at least. My lenses are scratched and an icon fell off my MDs

I
Regarding Monster Dog i recently (last week) had my sister in U.S. order replacement lenses Emereld/Ruby .

Monster Dog is pretty easy to find as others have said.
Check out the Pit Bull as well. Also not hard to find for a good deal.

Best of luck