• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement for tightrope - suggestions?

AlexHaden

Oakley Beginner
morning all!

I loved my tightropes, but they have been consigned to the bin due to a cracked lens, and you can't get them anymore :-(

I'm looking for something similar in style - and have been looking at the conductor 8

Anyone have any suggestions - I would love the red iridium lens option as well :)

Struggling to find something close to my beloved tightropes :-(

I believe that the closest frames to the Tightrope in terms of styling are the A-Wire 2.0 and the Whisker.

Check Ebay if you cannot find any of these frames. Failing that, once you have Exchange privileges here, put a 'Buying' ad in the Exchange. Wires tend not to hold their value too well, so you should be able to get a good deal somewhere.

Why not just get some lenses custom cut? There's got to be something that would work for a donor.

I bought a set of fuse plus lenses from the US for my other pair of tightropes, and I'll be honest - totally happy with them, but I want a red iridium pair that goes that nice purplish colour :) and they don't do that colour

So buying a new pair probably the only option, deffo like the look of the conductor 8's - may just jump and see what they feel like on, I know they are bigger, but I'll give them a go!

Why do they have to discontinue things I like :-( happens all the time :((

I bought a set of fuse plus lenses from the US for my other pair of tightropes, and I'll be honest - totally happy with them, but I want a red iridium pair that goes that nice purplish colour :) and they don't do that colour

So buying a new pair probably the only option, deffo like the look of the conductor 8's - may just jump and see what they feel like on, I know they are bigger, but I'll give them a go!

Why do they have to discontinue things I like :-( happens all the time :((
So you're going with what you already had in mind anyway.

Glad that we helped.

So you're going with what you already had in mind anyway.

Glad that we helped.

Lol, you all did help

I saw that there wasn't anything else that I liked in wire with iridium red lenses :)

So thank you for the help, appreciate it

Back