1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakley4523

Oakley4523 Oakley Beginner

I need to replace my lenses in the frames. What's the best way to go about doing this? I'd like to use Oakley lenses if at all possible.

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Slojack

Slojack Oakley Collector Premium Member

Plenty for sale in the xmetal exchange. Custom cuts can be done by members. @Chris A Hardaway @xmetalmaniac are two off the top of my head.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

4. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

Welcom to the forum.

Still some original Oakley lenses on ebay for the Juliet: Items in GreatDealz365 Sunglasses N Stuff store on eBay!

For Penny lenses custom cuts are probably the way to go. The custom cutters recommended above are great and can get you most types of Oakley lenses for both frames.

5. Oakley4523

Oakley4523 Oakley Beginner

Thanks! Once I buy the lenses how hard are they to put in? Do I need to send them to someone to install?

6. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

You need a good quality Torx 6 screwdriver (Wiha and Wera are best) and just unscrew the orbital screws. The rest is easy. Just remember to not use too much force when unscrewing and tightening.

7. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Also when changing out the lenses, do it over a flat light colored surface. There are very tiny gaskets that you don't want to lose. Plenty of vids on YouTube if you need them.

8. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 I've got a few Oakleys

Once you reach the exchange, I and other members have lenses for sale for both frames.

gulfstream and cyclerdoug like this.
  9. Badbusa

Badbusa Oakley Beginner

I really like the silver mirror lens on my penny X Metals. They make the frames look really good.