• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacing display case glass

Pat

Oakley Expert
Reading, PA
Anyone have expirence with this? I have an 3.0 tower that I'm about to pick up that doesn't have the glass on the sides or any of the shelves. How hard is it to replace these?

The sides are easy to do. They come with clear plexi/lexan. The mirrored side is plexi also. Some actually were real mirror. As for the shelves they are tempered and contoured. If you get one and try to copy it it will be $$$. But if you go with strait cut glass shelves with semi polished edges they should be about $20 each.

Last edited:
As said above the 3.0 towers were really simple i swap all side panels and basically strip down. And with most all being plexi/lexan they are fairly cheap to replace. The shelves not so much.

I replaced the back of mine with a plexi. One of the sides on my case was mirror. It was two mirror panes sandwiched together (one facing in, one facing out. Easy to swap, you just need a hex bit to take out the screws for the retainer bracket that runs up both sides.

Shelves, i would do glass as others have already said. Cheaper.

Back